Friday, September 21, 2012

Beautiful Biome [Super WIP]

Current progress on my Biome Project. It's a pretty short project, we only get less then two weeks.
Composition Layout - "mini oasis - desert"
This will receive a paint-over in photoshop to further refine the composition.


Rock Sculpts
Made sure to have different shape, form, and detail from different angles for re-usability

Highpoly progress on the Palm tree stump
Looking at the composition, I might make it a little taller to give it more screen space, since I want this to be my "hero-asset". I quickly desimated an earlier version of this just to throw it in the map composition to see how the shape plays out, which was a great idea, because based on the feedback I got from placing it in the level I immediately went back and made those observed changes. 



I also made sure I got the most out of this sculpt by making sides different then the other, so if I rotate this I can get a different looking stump, with also a pretty different silhouette just from rotating 

No comments:

Post a Comment